6 Ways to Help Keep your Home Looking Tidy
These days, our lives just keep getting busier and busier. From work commitments, to keeping up with social outings and hobbies, to finding time to relax after a stressful week – fitting it all in can be tough. Having to stay on top of keeping the house tidy at the same time can sometimes feel impossible.
Luckily, there are some useful tips available to make this daunting task seem much less so. We’ve covered off just a few of them for you below.
Plan a Decluttering Day
Storage solutions throughout your home can help you to keep clutter under control. Consider things like:
- Wardrobe Solutions – Drawer dividers, boxes, shoe racks and over-door storage. Walk-in robes and built-in robes alike will benefit from this!
- Kitchen Storage – Glass jars or clear plastic containers are a great way to store ingredients, cereals, snacks and other items.
- Laundry Storage – Stick-on hooks in cabinet drawers are a great place to store things like pet supplies or cleaning items. Labelled boxes are also helpful for storing uniforms, extra towels, cleaning supplies … the list goes on.
Create a Cleaning Schedule
You don’t need to devote whole weekends or hours at a time to cleaning your home. Instead, write down tasks that can be easily achieved each day. For example, Monday could be vacuuming and mopping, Tuesday could be cleaning bathrooms, etc.
If you have family members at home, delegate tasks on the checklist to ensure everyone shares the load.
Minimise Clutter in your Entryway
Making a good first impression is always important, and your home’s entryway is no exception. Here are a few tips to help keep your entryway clear:
- Use shoe racks to keep shoes left by the door looking neat and tidy.
- Invest in a small hall table as a spot to leave your keys and other small items on hooks or in a bowl.
- Hang up your coats and bags on coat hooks, or put them away in the wardrobe as soon as you get inside.
Do a Major Spring Clean
Is your wardrobe storage bursting at the seams? Dressing rooms filled to the brim with clothes you no longer wear? Entertainment units packed with DVDs you can now stream online? If so, it might be a good idea to organise a major spring clean to reduce the clutter in your home.
This could also be a good time to tackle larger household projects, like sorting out your garage or getting the garden in order.
Clear Out Expired Items
Your kitchen might be hiding food and drink items well past their use-by date – especially in your spice drawer. Go through your fridge and pantry carefully and bin any items that have expired.
You might be surprised how much space this can make!
Start Something New Today
Has all this talk of home organisation got you dreaming of new possibilities? If so, our Flexi team would love to help you make them a reality. Our custom-made wardrobes, kitchens, laundries, home offices, home theatres and study nooks can create long-term value and opportunities for your home.
Check out our latest projects across suburbs like Subiaco, Rivervale, Balcatta, Floreat and Dalkeith, view our online gallery for more inspiration, or speak to our friendly team at our Joondalup or Myaree showrooms.