What type of wardrobe is best for you?
At Flexi, we’ve proudly been designing and fitting wardrobes across Perth since 2001. Our expert Flexi renovations team take the time to understand the unique needs of our customers, developing solutions that add real value to every home.
So, what type of wardrobe will work best for you and your home? We’ve put together some pros and cons for each, to help make the decision a little easier. Check it out!
The Walk-in Wardrobe
We’ll start with the big one – the walk-in wardrobe. This includes dressing rooms, with all the space you need to add showstopping luxury to your bedroom.
Walk-in robes are becoming increasingly popular, especially in new build homes. As their name suggests, these types of wardrobes have enough space for you to walk around, making it easy for you to store and organise your shoes, clothes, accessories and other items.
Walk-in wardrobes are generally found in master bedrooms, but smaller designs will also work well in minor bedrooms (as long as you have the floor space to spare).
- Adds long-term value to your home
- Creates huge storage potential
- Additional privacy when getting ready
- Easy to organise and keep tidy
- More expensive to build than other types of wardrobes
- Takes up more space than freestanding or built-in wardrobes
Freestanding wardrobes offer storage that isn’t built-in to your bedroom – these wardrobes are designed to offer you flexibility. This type of wardrobe solution typically offers a limited amount of hanging space, as well as some shelving or drawers.
Freestanding wardrobes are commonly found in older homes, or in units in inner-city areas where space is at a premium.
- Easy to move around if you want to rearrange your floorplan
- A cheaper option
- Convenient for rentals or short-stay homes
- Storage space is very limited
- It can be hard to find the right style
- Can make your room feel cluttered
Built-in robes are the ideal option if you lack the space for a walk-in robe, but still want the convenience of additional hanging space or drawers to keep everything neat and tidy.
Built-in wardrobes can have hinged doors, mirrored doors or sliding wardrobe doors, making it easy to find a style that works for you. Many built-in robes also offer a mixture of hanging space, drawers or shelving, creating additional storage options to keep clutter at bay.
- Maximise your available space
- Enjoy greater storage than freestanding options
- Create a sleek finish
- Wardrobes are fixed in place, giving you less freedom when it comes to styling your room
- More expensive than a freestanding option
Custom made Wardrobes
Last, but definitely not least, custom made bedroom wardrobes make it easy for you to create the wardrobe of your dreams. From custom shelving or storage, through to clever hanging spaces and so much more, you can let your imagination run wild.
- Design your new wardrobe any way you like
- Add value through smart storage and sleek designs
- Maximise available space
- A more expensive option (but can add real value)
- Can be difficult to update in the future
Create your Perfect Wardrobe
If you’re feeling inspired to create new wardrobe storage solutions for yourself, now’s the time to make it happen. Our Flexi team is here to chat through the many options available to you. Contact us today to see what’s possible!