Everything you need to know about Walk-In Wardrobes
Custom-made walk-in wardrobes provide plenty of space for organising your clothing, accessories, shoes and other bits and pieces, creating a functional and stylish addition to your bedroom.
Benefits of investing in a walk-in wardrobe
There are numerous benefits involved in adding a walk-in wardrobe to your bedroom. Just a few of these include:
- Added Home Value: Investing in a custom-made walk-in wardrobe can add long-term value to your home. Having additional storage is always a plus, while the right design elements can help to add more depth and style to your bedroom as a whole.
- Improved Organisation: By replacing your existing bedroom wardrobes with a walk-in wardrobe, you can get in control of your organisation. Having more space will allow you to keep your clothes, shoes and accessories easily accessible, so there’s no more floordrobe situations.
- Additional Storage: This is the big one (literally). Hello, endless wardrobe storage solutions! Having a walk-in wardrobe offers you customisation opportunities including extra shelving, drawers and hanging space. This way, you can organise your items by colour, season or type – or however you decide.
- Increased Privacy: Unlike a traditional built-in wardrobe, a walk-in wardrobe gives you the space to get dressed or try on clothes in privacy. Just shut your wardrobe doors and you’re in your own space. The right lighting and mirrors can elevate this experience even further.
Design tips for bringing your walk-in wardrobe to life
At Flexi, we’ve been designing and installing custom-made walk-in wardrobes and dressing rooms since 2001. Here are a few of our tips to bringing your vision to life and creating the walk-in wardrobe you’ve always wanted.
- Get the Layout Right: Our design team will begin with a home visit, where we can view your available space and go through the available options for your walk-in robe size with you. Our team will consider the size and shape of your bedroom and the design features you’re looking for in your new wardrobe. This can include custom shelving, drawers, accessory drawers, hanging space and other features.
- Plan the Right Lighting: When you invest time and money into bringing your walk-in wardrobe to life, you’ll want to be sure you can show it off! Good lighting options include overhead lighting (including a dimmer switch), spotlights to illuminate specific features, and also strip lighting in drawers or cabinets to add a further sense of luxury.
- Choose Quality Materials: Our team can help you choose the perfect materials to give your new walk-in wardrobe that luxury feel from the start. To help you visualise the finished product, we can create a 3D model of your wardrobe to make things easy.
- Consider Your Wardrobe Doors: If your walk-in wardrobe design includes wardrobe doors for additional privacy, we can help you find the right doors to suit your needs.
- Leave Space for a Mirror: You custom-made walk-in wardrobe won’t be complete without a good mirror! Again, we can help you choose the right option for you that fits your overall style. A mirror not only gives you the opportunity to get ready for the day with ease, but also helps to make your new wardrobe look even more spacious.
- Pick the Right Colour Scheme: Customising your new walk-in wardrobe is one of the most exciting parts of the design process. The right colour scheme will allow your walk-in wardrobe to feel like an extension of your bedroom. If you’d prefer to keep things neutral, light wood grains, whites and beige work well.
We can help you get started
Does all this talk of walk-in wardrobes have you imagining the possibilities? If so, we’re here to help you get started! From walk-in wardrobes to custom dressing rooms, we’ve created beautifully functional designs all across Perth.
To kick things off, make sure to browse our online gallery for a peek at some of our recent walk-in wardrobe and dressing room wardrobe designs. If you’d like to talk through your walk-in robe ideas, we’d also love to speak to you in person.
Head to our Flexi showrooms at Joondalup and Myaree, where our team can walk you through the options available or you can just get a better idea of the services and options we can provide.
Finally, we’re pleased to be offer you an obligation-free design consultation either at our showroom or in the comfort of your own home. You can book your free consultation via our contact form, and a member of our team will be in touch to organise a time that suits you.
Whatever you decide to do next, we’re always here to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon and helping you to design the walk-in wardrobe you’ve always wanted. Get in touch today!