Clever storage hacks for around your home
Does your home sometimes feel like it’s bursting at the seams? If so, you’re not alone. Though spring cleaning and tidying can keep clutter at bay, items around the home can pile up quickly if you don’t have a system in place.
At Flexi, there’s nothing we love more than helping homes look their best, so we’ve gathered some of our favourite storage hacks for you to try around your home.
Home Office Storage
A home office fitout can make working from home a breeze, but it’s important to keep your space organised. Here are some ideas to help you do just that.
- Consider fitted shelves or units that will allow you to keep your files, books and other essentials neatly presented.
- Take advantage of vertical space in home offices where possible – such as bookcases or overhead shelving.
- Use decorative baskets or drawers to keep computer gear, papers and other essentials neatly organised.
- Invest in a cable organiser to keep any visible cables looking neater.
Home Theatre Storage
A home theatre (or home cinema) offers fantastic storage potential in the home, as well as a place to relax and unwind after a busy day. Here are out top storage hacks.
- Invest in furniture pieces that can double as hidden storage, such as an ottoman seat.
- Add a bookcase or shelving unit in your space to store games, books and other items.
- Keep your cables, consoles and other equipment neatly hidden away with custom cabinetry.
From the latest modern dressing room designs and classic dressing room designs, to built-in wardrobes Perth and everything in between, our Flexi wardrobe renovations can transform your bedroom.
When it comes to smart storage, there are several wardrobe solutions you can try. This way, you can keep everything in its place and make getting ready so much easier.
- For built-in robes, add mirrors to your wardrobe doors to create the illusion of space (and save room).
- Store your seasonal wardrobe items (such as coats) in boxes and place them on the shelves in your wardrobe to save on hanging space.
- Use baskets to store accessories, scarves, ties and other items on your shelves.
- Add a small dresser or rack beneath your hanging clothes to store extra clothes or shoes.
Last but not least, there are so many ways to make the most of your kitchen storage. As the heart of the home, creating a functional kitchen space can lead to so many ongoing benefits.
- Use wire shelving or stacker shelves in your cabinets and pantry to double the amount of available storage space.
- Store pots and pans horizontally using a divider to make them easier to reach.
- Store pantry items in clear food bins or glass jars to minimise clutter.
- Add storage helpers, such as dividers in drawers and hanging racks behind cupboard doors.
Maximise your Home’s Storage
If you’re looking to take your home’s storage potential to the next level, our Flexi team can help. From custom made wardrobes and custom kitchen renovations, through to clever solutions for your home office and home theatre spaces, we can help you make the most of every room.
To get started, visit our Flexi showrooms in Joondalup and Myaree to see what’s possible. You can also view our gallery of recent projects across Perth for further inspiration. If you’d like to find out more, chat to our friendly team today.